Our Commitment to Protect Your Privacy
We are committed to protect your personal and Information privacy. To ensure you can make informed decisions and feel confident about supplying Information (as defined below) relating to you when using our website, mobile and other services, we provide this notice outlining our practices and the choices you have concerning how the Information is being collected and used.
We collect customer information from many sources for the purposes of understanding current or new demands, meeting these demands as well as to provide and personalize our services. The means of information collection, among others, are as following:
- From you; when you voluntarily provide to us or to third party service provider(s) engaged by us;
- From your browser; when you visit our website and your browser interacts with us;
- From other sources and related links in connection with providing your transportation and/or accommodation needs and services;
- The types of information we collect may include but not limited to:
- name, gender, date of birth, passport or other identifiable number and the particulars of your registered status with any of our subsidiaries, associated companies and/or business associates;
- telephone numbers, mailing addresses, email addresses and fax numbers;
- name of cardholder, card number, billing address and expiry date;
- company name and business title;
- flight information, travel companions’ personal information, seat and meal preferences, flight and hotel preferences;
- Your responses to market surveys and contests conducted by us or on our behalf.
Use of Information Collection
We may use the Information you provided for one or more of the following purposes:
- For your reservation;
- For your use of the online services available at any of our websites and/or through other telecommunication channels;
- For the supply of any products and/or services which we may offer to you or you may require from us from time to time including text message (SMS) alerts;
- For marketing, promotional and customer relationship management purposes, such as sending you updates on latest offers and promotions in connection with our products and services and conducting market research;
- For identification and verification purposes in connection with any of the services or products that may be supplied to you;
- To contact you regarding your enquiries;
- For our frequent flyer;
- To process your request regarding registration for travel agency, registration for Merpati easy flyer, registration for Corporate account;
- For disclosing the winner of a contest conducted by us or on our behalf;
- To disclose to a third party to comply with the law or a legal requirement such as immigration and customs control and/or border control agencies;
- To facilitate the collection of payment for products and services provided by us or our subsidiaries, associated companies and/or business associates including verification of credit card details with third parties and using the Information you provide to carry out matching procedures against Information bases of known fraudulent transactions (maintained by us or third parties). We may also use the Information you provide to improve our security in relation to the processing of payment by credit card to guard against the risk of fraud including carrying out matching procedures against Informationbases of known fraudulent transactions (maintained by us or third parties).
- For the use of any of our subsidiaries, associate companies and/or business associates in connection with any of the above purposes and/or any services such companies and associates may be offering to you from time to time.
Access or Correct Your Information
You are entitled to access or correct any Information held by us. If you wish to obtain a copy of any of your Information or if you believe that the Information relating to you which we collect and maintain is incorrect, please write to us at the address below.
A request for access to Information or correction of Information or for information regarding policies and practices and kinds of Information held by us may be sent to us at the following address
Customer Relationship Management
Merpati Nusantara Airlines
M2 floor, Basarnas Building
Jl. Angkasa Blok B-15 Kav 2-3
To maintain the accuracy of the Information, as well as preventing from unauthorized access and ensuring the correct use of the Information, we have carried out appropriate physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure the Information we collect.
We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol - an industry standard for encryption over the Internet, to protect the information we collect online. When you type in sensitive information such as credit card details, it will be automatically converted into codes before being securely dispatched over the Internet.
Link to Other Sites
This website may contains links to other sites that are operated under different privacy practices. You should remain alert when you leave our site and read the privacy statements of other websites. We have no control over information that is submitted to these third parties.
Disclosure and Transfer of Information
Personal information that we collect from you may disclose to:
- Our bank for authorization of transaction and for payment
- Relevant third parties eg. booking agents and hotels
- Authorized government bodies if legally required to do
Please note that we review our privacy practices from time to time and those practices are subject to change. We ask that our visitors periodically review this page to ensure familiarity with the most current version of our privacy statement.